Safety & MedicalLori Gill, MS, ATCDirector of Athletic Training and SafetyOffice: (718) 519-2799 or Mobile: (631) 338-3306
Assistant Athletic Trainer: Mike Powers
Assistant Athletic Trainer: Katie Boushie
Why Is Athletic Training Critical?
Athletic trainers are health care professionals who collaborate with physicians to optimize patient and client activity and participation in athletics, work, and life. The practice of athletic training encompasses the prevention, examination and diagnosis, treatment, and rehabilitation of emergent, acute, subacute, and chronic neuromusculoskeletal conditions and certain medical conditions in order to minimize subsequent impairments, functional limitations, disability, and societal limitations.
Important Information from Riverdale's Athletic Trainer
- Athletic Training Treatment Policy
- Visiting School Information
- Football Contact Policy
- Weather Safety Policy - Please note that practices and games can be canceled, postponed, and/or modified, based on the daily weather.
- Interim Sports Form
- Concussion Management Protocol
- Post Head Injury/Concussion Take Home Packet - This form will be sent home with your child following a head injury. Packet includes: Post concussion home care instructions, SCAT 3 side line evaluation, return to play steps, physician evaluation, and academic accommodations form.
- Return to Play Policy
- Return to School Guide
- What is a Concussion? Watch this video.
- Heads Up Training Course for Parents and Students - Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Head Up Concussion Information for Parents
- Head Up Concussion Information for Students
- Concussion Tracking App for Phone
- Concussion Management and Return to Learn video
- Brain Injury Association of New York State
- Brain Trauma Foundation
- Energy Drinks - increased risk of medical conditions