The College Office and the Department of Athletics offer individual programs for each student-athlete that aspires to compete in collegiate athletics. Any student wishing to learn more about the college recruiting process should contact John Pizzi, Director of Athletics.
Resources for the Aspiring College Athlete
- NCAA Eligibility Center
- NCAA Guide to the College Bound Student Athlete, 2016-2017 (click download PDF free)
- College Board: Student-Athletes: Choosing A College
- NCAA Recruiting Calendar
- Sample Initial Email to Coach
- Questions to consider when choosing a school
- Checklist for Sophomores and Juniors
- Resource for Writing Resumes and Sample Resume
- Frequently Asked Questions As You Consider College
- New York Times: A Rare Glimpse Inside the Ivy League's Academic Index
- The Case for Multi-sport Participation
Preparing a Video
College coaches differ in terms of what they look for in a video. Consider asking college coaches what they want in a video. The video may include a full game, part of game, highlights of the athlete, and/or skill work (throwing, catching, passing, shooting, etc.).