Middle School News & Stories
"Self Discovery," a painting by Sangjin Park '18, received a gold key award.
Twelve Riverdale students have been recognized in the 2016 New York City Scholastic Arts and Writing Awards.
Three students received writing awards:
- Ariana Nakhla '17, gold key for short story and honorable mention for poetry
- Stephanie Okun '18, silver keys for dramatic script and critical essay, honorable mentions for critical essay and two dramatic scripts
- Natalia Mercedes '19, honorable mention for poetry
Nine students received art awards:
- Lauren Park '16, gold keys for drawing and illustration, sculpture, and mixed media, and honorable mention for sculpture
- Gwyneth Haidar '16, gold key for photography, silver key for art portfolio, honorable mentions for drawing and illustration, painting, and sculpture
- Gabrielle Herzig '16, two honorable mentions for photography
- Marjorie ("Molly") Susman '16, honorable mention for painting
- Julia Cobb '17, silver key for comic art
- Isabelle Hilder 17, gold key and honorable mention for photography
- Tara McConville '18, gold key and silver key for photography
- Sangjin Park '18, gold key for painting
- Charlotte Haidar '21, gold key and two honorable mentions for photography
Artworks receiving the gold key award will be exhibited at the Ruth and Harold D. Uris Center of Education at the Metropolitan Museum of Art from March 11 to May 30.