Facilities and Resources
The River Campus has five classroom buildings:
- The Early Learning Building for grades Pre-K to 2 contains 10 classrooms, a full-size gym, a movement space, and a library for early readers.
- The Senior Building contains classrooms for music, art, and Spanish.
- The Upper Learning Building for grades 3 to 5 includes nine classrooms, a black-box theater, a kitchen, a cafeteria/community space, and a maker space.
- The Junior Building contains the Admission Office, Head of School Office, and the Learning Lab, a gathering, teaching, and sharing space used for exhibitions, science experiments, and interdisciplinary explorations. The Learning Lab includes spaces for exhibitions, science experiments, audio-visual production, and research with digital and print resources connected to the curriculum.
- A separate, self-contained environmental classroom is used for nature studies by the environmental education facilitators.
- A full-size playing field
- Four tennis courts
- A greenhouse
- Flower, herb, and vegetable gardens
- A playground equipped with climbing structures and materials to inspire imaginary play
The Lower School has a collection of 15,000 books and numerous literary DVDs, CDs, and periodicals. Fiction and non-fiction works in the collection serve the academic and recreational needs of the Lower School population. Students begin to use electronic, age-appropriate databases in fourth grade.