We seek diversity in our faculty, staff, and student body. In admissions and employment policies and practices, in scholarship aid programs, and in all of our educational programs, Riverdale does not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, religion, ethnic origin, or sexual orientation.
For general employment information or questions, please email Laurie A. Tostanoski, human resources director: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in employment at the Lower School, please email James P. Duval, head of Lower School: email@example.com.
If you are interested in employment at the Middle and Upper School, please email Richard Lapidus, dean of faculty: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Riverdale Country School is a highly regarded pre-kindergarten through grade 12 independent college-preparatory school that provides a rigorous and stimulating academic program, which encourages independent thinking and creativity as well as respect for the diverse interests and backgrounds of others.
We currently seek a Development Assistant to support the efforts of the Development Office. Primary responsibilities include gift processing and donor acknowledgment, event registration, invitations, maintenance of the donor database, filing, and records management.
The ideal candidate is organized and self-motivated with excellent written and oral communication skills. S/he must be detail-oriented, meticulous about follow-through, and able to multi-task and prioritize in a dynamic office environment. The successful candidate will want to be an integral part of a highly productive team, be eager to learn new skills, possess a sense of humor and collaborative spirit, and be willing to pitch in where needed.
Some event support is required on evenings and weekends.
- Enter gifts, process credit card gifts, and manage stock transactions
- Generate timely and accurate gift acknowledgment letters and tax receipts
- Manage and update alumni, prospect, and donor records
- Manage electronic communications as needed, including webpage updates and email blasts
- Assist with planning and execution of Development Office events as needed; including preparing and sending electronic and print invitations, tracking RSVP lists, printing name tags and sign-in sheets, as well as event set-up, clean-up, and follow-up
- Reconcile financial records regularly with the Finance Office
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superb proofreading, editing, and organizational skills
- Ability to manage deadlines • Ability to work in a team setting
- Familiarity with Veracross software or other database system
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and Google Apps (Sheets, Docs, Drive)
- Bachelor’s degree
Interested applicants should email their resumes and cover letters to Nicole Sundell, Development Associate, at email@example.com or via regular mail to Riverdale Country School, Attn: Nicole Sundell, 5250 Fieldston Road, Bronx, NY 10471.