Apply for Financial Aid
Please follow these steps to apply for financial aid:
September 5, 2017: You may begin preparing for the financial aid application process by gathering your financial aid information.
You will likely need the following documentation before you begin filling out the worksheet:
- 2016 complete federal tax returns
- 2016 W-2s received by all parents/guardians in the household
- Recent pay stubs of jobs that parents/guardians currently hold
- All documentation that establishes how much miscellaneous monthly or yearly income you currently receive (i.e. welfare, food stamps, unemployment, workers’ compensation)
- All corporate, partnership, and trust tax forms (if a parent/guardian owns 20% or more interest in a corporation or partnership or if any member of the household owns 20% or more interest in a trust)
- Other documentation (recent utility bills, daycare expenses, etc.) may be required.
October 2, 2017: You may begin to complete the TADS financial aid application for Riverdale Country School online by clicking here. Please be sure to indicate that you are applying for financial aid at Riverdale Country School. Haga click aquí para completer la solicitud de ayuda financiera en español.
December 1, 2017: Deadline for all current Riverdale families applying for financial aid for the 2018-2019 school year to complete the financial aid application online and submit all supporting documents directly to TADS.
December 15, 2017: Deadline for all prospective Riverdale families applying for financial aid for the 2018-2019 school year to complete the financial aid application online and submit all supporting documents directly to TADS.
In addition to the completed financial aid application, we also require the following by December 15, 2017:
- A copy of your 2016 federal income tax return, including all schedules, W-2s, and 1099s, etc. (No state or local returns needed.)
- A copy of the most recent paystub from each job held by parents.
- A signed (but not dated) Request for Copy of Transcript of Tax Form called the IRS form 4506-T.
- We welcome you to send an additional statement to further explain your family’s financial situation to the Riverdale Financial Aid Committee and any other documentation that you think is relevant. Please send any such letter, along with other supporting documents, directly to TADS so that it can become a part of your digital application file.
All supporting documents can be uploaded through the TADS website, mailed or faxed to TADS at:
1201 Hawthorne Avenue, Suite 100
Minneapolis, MN 55403
Fax: (612) 548-3326
Please contact TADS with questions about the online application. Call (800) 884-8237, Monday-Friday9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. Eastern Time, Saturday 10:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. and Sunday 11:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m. or e-mail email@example.com.
February 2018: Applicant families who are offered admission will receive notification of their financial aid status along with their admission decision and enrollment contract in February. Current Riverdale families will receive notification of their financial aid status in early February when they receive re-enrollment information. After receiving their financial aid notification, families are welcome to contact the Financial Aid Office with questions about their award.
April 16, 2018: All families of new and returning students receiving financial aid need to submit their 2017 complete tax returns to TADS.