Welcome to Riverdale Country School. This summary describes some of the benefits you receive as a full-time employee.
- Life Insurance – 1 x your annual salary to a maximum of $50,000.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance – Coverage for a disability for three months (not a job-related accident).
- Long-Term Disability Insurance – Coverage for a disability, which extends past three months after a 90-day waiting period.
- Workers Compensation Insurance – Coverage for a job-related accident.
- Defined Contribution Plan – After one year as a full time employee, you are eligible to join Riverdale’s Defined Contribution Plan with Teachers Insurance Annuity Association (T.I.A.A.) wherein a contribution equal to seven percent (7%) of your annual salary will be contributed to a retirement account for you on a monthly basis. Faculty and staff with more than twenty (20) years of school experience will receive ten percent (10%). The waiting period will be waived for those with previous school experience.
- You are immediately eligible to open a Supplemental Retirement Account (SRA) with T.I.A.A. This is a tax-deferred program where you may supplement your own retirement by putting monies away via payroll deduction on a pre-tax basis. (Only subject to FICA)
- The School offers two Health Insurance Plans, both with Oxford: Oxford Freedom Plan & Oxford Liberty Plan. Please consult the School Handbook regarding your eligibility.
- The School offers a Dental Plan through Delta. Again, please consult your School Handbook regarding your eligibility.
- If you opt out of Riverdale’s Health Insurance Plan and are covered by another plan, you are entitled to receive up to $1,000 per fiscal year (07/01 – 06/30) upon presentation of a signed waiver and proof of coverage.
- The School offers a Flexible Benefit Program (cafeteria plan) for Heath Care and Dependent Care expenses. This plan operates on a calendar year (January – December). Pre-tax contributions can be made in line with IRS guidelines.
- Commuter Benefits – Pre-tax contributions can be made in line with IRS guidelines for eligible transit or parking expenses.
- The School offers voluntary vision insurance through VSP that covers annual exams, lenses and a discount on frames for you and your family.
- Tuition Reimbursement – The School offers up to $1,000 of reimbursement per fiscal year for employees who seek to obtain additional/advanced degrees.
- Sabbatical eligibility – Full-time members of the teaching faculty become eligible for sabbatical after 10 executive years of service. There are generally 10 to 12 faculty members on sabbatical in a given year.
- Professional Development – Funds are available to faculty for study and attendance at professional meetings. There are additional funds available for special projects.
- On-site day care – Full-time childcare is available to employees for children ages 3 months to 3 years. Space availability and tuition information available upon request.
- Stipends ranging from about $2,000 to $10,000 per year are offered to faculty and staff members. Approximately 70% of employees receive stipends.