Library & Technology
The overarching mission of the library is to foster the growth of curious, competent, responsible, compassionate lifelong learners and seekers of information. To that end, the library seeks to:
- support the RCS curriculum through appropriate collection development in a variety of media
- provide convenient access to a wide range of print, electronic, and audiovisual resources
- endow students with the skills they need to gather and distill accurate information from resources
- encourage a delight in reading
- celebrate the cultural richness and diversity of New York through hosting a variety of readings and speakers
The Middle and Upper School Library holds more than 29,000 reference and circulating books, including novels, encyclopedias and nonfiction works relevant to course study. The library subscribes to 60 magazines and newspapers and also contains a collection of 600 videos. The video collection includes documentaries, dramatic performances, and feature films in English and foreign languages. Numerous online databases are accessible from our school computers and from home.